Sunday, October 13, 2019

Atari Emulator -> Synapse Software's "Slime"

Mushca Disk 175 - I gotta say... hello?  Anybody out there?  Okay, got that out of the way.  Thought I was sleepy, but I just got my second wind... after getting the contraband out of the car!  Tee hee hee... wait, did I say that or just think it?
And second, I just recalled another long-buried memory, just under "Fred Garvin: Male Prostitute" and just over all my terrible faux-pases in middle school.  In the Atari era, you would sometimes need a disk called a "Translator" disk.  I would, because I primarily had a 1200XL.  (#1200XLrules400drools)  And I forget which games needed the translator disk, but some of them did, mostly because of poor planning on the machine engineers' part.  God bless PCs and Macs!  Fortunately, going through the Mushca disks just might remind me.  Alas, not in the case of Synapse Software's classic called "Slime."  That needs 800 OS-B for those of you using the world-renowned Atari emulator.  And it's not kidding!  It'll crash, but you can always go to ... whatever.  File -> Machine -> and select "800 OS-B."  When you do, it'll reboot and you're on your way to Missile Command-style gameplay!  It's like Missile Command meets Plinko / Pachinko.  Spoiler Alert: so what do you do?  Do you a) rebuild the big pyramid shape that doesn't quite meet?  Or do you b) just ad hoc try to protect your ship from getting, as the game's name implies, slimed?  Somehow I don't feel the need to try and flip the score on this one.

Synapse Software's official home at Atarimania

No comments:

Post a Comment