Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Bounty Bob, Level 18: Super Energy Food Bars

That's right, back to this thing.  I had a bad realization one or two soirée ago: I'm just not that good of a gamer.  And Bounty Bob Strikes Back! has certainly put my  (gaming) patience to the test.  My original plan was to not use any shortcuts to beat this game.  I think I did pretty good, though!  I didn't use any "saved states," but I did rely on a few of the game's seven short cuts.  I mean, even with a level like this one that seems to be pretty easy and simple... well, it seems like I need to play it about a dozen times to really understand the rhythm of the level, or find a strategy I can really get comfortable with... have I mentioned how much I miss Doom / Doom II lately?  I'm also quite conservative as a gamer: once I get a strategy for a level, I don't like to drift too far from it.  And seeing as how each time I play the game it takes about 30-40 minutes, well... I suddenly realized I had other things I wanted to do with my life.  Sleeping, for one thing!  Can't stay up all night and take naps in High School English class anymore, after all.  Now, some of you out there might think that fourteen energy bars is too many... no?  Just me?  Okay, I wasn't sure.  Boy, the team who programmed this sequel to Miner 2049'er really thought of everything!  Whether it was the slightly clumsy way of making your jumps less than a full jump, or realizing that Level 10 of Miner 2049'er is really impossible because of all the short jumps you have to make... see, in Level 10... or is it Zone 10?  Are the different levels 'zones' or 'levels'?  I forget.  ANYWAY, in levels 1 to 9 you go slow, but in Level 10 you run twice as fast, and your jumps are also longer.  Oh, and there's a nasty, fatal surprise in the lower right-hand corner of the level if you dare to venture all the way over there.  Real mean!  You'll see if you try it.

Will a mutant kill you if you just stand there?  Very much so!  In fact, if you don't move in two seconds or so, it'll happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment