Friday, September 8, 2023

Mr. Robot, Level 'H'

Oh boy!  Here's another fun one.  In level 'H', you... hmm!  Usually levels are numbered, not lettered.  Of course, there's "Boulder Dash," and you probably know how I feel about that one.  The original Donkey Kong (TM)(C)(R) was trying to be enigmatic like tennis.  I mean, 25 meters?  I'm assuming that's what the "M" stood for.  Oh... must be how tall Donkey Kong (R)(C)(TM) is.  And look!  If you stand six of them on top of one another, 150 meters!  WOW!  It's like some kind of a Donkey Kong (C)(TM)(R) Totem pole!  Or something!  Then there's the space games: Buck Rogers (TM)(C)(R) and Star Trek (C)(R)(TM) for Atari feature decimal point levels... just out to a tenth of a digit, thankfully.  Of course, the higher-end games give their levels actual names, like Jumpman (C)(TM)(R), Jumpman Junior (R)(C)(TM) or Championship Lode Runner (R)(TM)(C)... did I go through all six permutations yet?  Plus I gotta go back and do all the hyperlinks.  What damn good is a blog posting without accompanying hyperlinks?  And of course, bringing it full circle more or less, there's Pac-Man (TM)(R)(C) or Ms. Pac-Man (TM)(C)(R) whose levels are basically emojis.  We should probably call the last five years or so The Emoji Age.  Give the Japanese their due, for once!  We got an emoji movie, after all!  Why not an Emoji Age?  You know, if you would've told me 30 years ago that people would eventually be communicating with tiny pictures, I wouldn't of believed it... have believed it.  And if you told me about NFTs or Crypto-Currency, I would've needed a second or third explanation at least.  And if you told me that in 30 years we'd have Mexican White Supremacists, well... if I was a bartender, I'd probably tell you it was time to leave.  And the bouncer would back me up on that, but hey, that's just me.  Pepe the Frog, Mexican White Supremacists... I just love this Insane New World we live in.  Can't get enough of it.  Aldous Huxley was close... or maybe he was being ironic.  I mean, it's like that new Billie Eilish thing... it's from TWO YEARS AGO????  Well, FORGET IT, THEN!!!!  And don't even get me started on that Lana del Rey album, "Born to Die."  Well, that's a little negative, isn't it?  I mean, you can get some absolutely lovely plastic surgery before then!  I'll bet that's not even her real name... Micklewhite?  I mean, Elizabeth Woolridge Grant?  Well, before you die, you can try and raise the profile of your great-great... great Grandpappy Ulysses.  I'll even help you out: he was actually pretty hard-working in his youth before he became one of our drunkest Presidents ever.  And he was on the right side of the Civil War!  If that doesn't entitle him to some booze, well... what gives?  I mean, what does?

Oopsie!  Think I got sidetracked by yet another tangent.  ANYWAY, if you love trampolines... and you should... well, you're probably going to absolutely love this lev... el.  Alas, there's no new gadgets or gizmos in this one.  Wait a second!... what's that eyeball-looking thing under the left-most fireball?  Check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment