Saturday, March 28, 2015

Mame -> Bubble Bobble 1

I keep forgetting that this isn't a good game to play on a laptop, especially if you're like me and you forget how to rotate the display of your laptop... or, rather, UN-rotate it.  It's Ctrl-Alt and the arrow keys!  You know... WHAT YOU USE IN BUBBLE BOBBLE.  Also, that "Windows" key's a little too close for comfort.  I'd be better off playing that knife and fingers game, really!  Now, that's a blog worth reading!

4/3/'15 - Okay, played it on the desktop.  Dayamn, but that level 95 is unforgiving.  But it just makes it all the sweeter when you jump all the way to the top and find that one narrow window of opportunity to get all them Duke boys... I mean, those space invaders and drunks and put 'em into bubbles.  So now I just have to figure out how to decipher the cryptic message at the end.


Wikipedia: Bubble Bobble in its "List of video games considered the best."  Which can be important to some, but... Super Meat Boy?  Clearly I'm not a gamer.
Anyway, before I look it up elsewhere, I'm going to try and guess what the big 8-letter mystery word is.  Of course, there's always the possibility that the Japanese team at Taito might have made up a word accidentally... sure, their words are usually correct, but the grammar's a little off.  "No Miss Clear"?  "This Words"?  Anyway, the numbers have been crunched, and for now, these are the possible words: Atlantan, biajaiba, camshach, diapsids, diureide, Esbensen, refusers, reposers, revisers, sedatest.  I'm thinking "Atlantan", given the nature of the game and what not.  Seems like they want to be part of a legend like Atlantis.
(later) ...I knew I couldn't wait.  The key to the alphabet... at least, the teeny letters, is here.



No comments:

Post a Comment