Thursday, November 11, 2021

Bounty Bob Strikes Back, Level 10: The Gravity Lift

Love this one.  I should probably mention that I do like the wide variety of "power pills" this game has.  Even more than Miner 2049er.  For example, the steaming piles of ... I guess they're donkey manure.  What else could they be?  I can't remember the last time I played a game with this kind of lift in it... maybe Zorro.  Or maybe I'm thinking of the lift and pulley system that covers two screens.  I cheated a little bit to get to this level... okay, a lot.  As much as I could, without using saved states.  Also, what's the point of having a Top 10 High Scores board in an Atari game, unless you can save them to disk?  Other than Lode Runner, who else would do that?  But those were the days... ah, those were the days.  You'd have to hook up with other people through a "bulletin board" over a 300 baud modem if you're lucky.  And even then, it's tricky to match high scores.

Will You Get Killed (By a Mutant) By Just Standing In Place?  Yes!  Yes you will.  But we can laugh about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment