Thursday, December 8, 2022

Zone X: Level 1, Zone 7

As with 'Boulder Dash', where you're only allowed to start at levels A, E, I or M, so too with "Zone X" are you only allowed to start at certain zones. In this game's case, 1, 4, 7 or 10. In math terms, divided by 3 with a remainder of 1. But this lovely bipartite level is a great place to start for the seasoned Zone X player. And hey! There's a brand new feature: the shovel, or 'spade.' It works exactly like keys and locks: one shovel for one piece of extra-tough dirt... what will future generations think of us? Why is it not like "Doom"? One key for all doors of its color! Makes sense, don't it? Not to us gamers of the previous generation it doesn't. What about Dandy? What about TUTANKHAM????? ...what else about this level? For some reason, I'm trying to resist using mats to block my many, many enemies. Maybe because of the bonus points you get at the end, maybe because it's kind of an unfair fight anyway. Of course, as a gamer, I tend to get hypnotized by flying bullets and walk into them anyway. Didn't play enough Zig Zag as a child, I guess. So there you go... I exposed another one of my weaknesses just for you. As for my password? I don't care how many times I get hacked, I'm never changing "Handsome69" ever. Not for anything. But I am going to try to get something else done this week, so this is the last Zone X map I'll make for a while. Unless there's a great public outcry?... no? Okay, I'll take a break, and you probably should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment