Monday, January 30, 2012

Gubble 2

Oh, Gubble 2, how I once played you. I had to play all your levels... even that really hard, annoying one where there's about 200 guns shooting at you with your every step. I don't know what the secret was, but I finally figured it out. I don't remember the big finale or anything... but perhaps that's for the best. So how did I first hear about Gubble? Well, I went into a Barnes and Noble once... perhaps you've heard of it. What a quaint notion, buying books from a store. They also sold software in boxes, can you believe it? And there was an interesting looking box called Gubble. My kind of game. I tend not to go for the manly games featuring guys with guns. Gubble wasn't like that, but arguably munitions are involved. Why, even the CD cover for Gubble 2 says "non-violent game play." Non-violent? Just because your enemies know how not to leave marks doesn't mean violence isn't involved. Why, even an IQ test can inflict emotional damage in the right context! I know, but I'm just that sensitive sometimes. I don't think it said it on the original Gubble 1 box I bought, but the creative mastermind behind Crystal Castles made Gubble. Sounds about right. Love that game as well. A toast to Franz Lanzinger!

Gubble webpage

Lanzinger Studio webpage

No comments:

Post a Comment