Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Bounty Bob, Level 23 - Advanced Pulverizers

Oh, these are the moments any and all gamers should live for. That's part of the genius of the Doom series. Sure, you can figure out how to do the levels after enough tries... but what about all those bonus areas? That's the fun sh... stuff. My friend had to help me out with this one level in ... probably Doom II, where you get one of those Green Globes of Temporary Invulnerability, you run up to this ledge, fire a rocket against the wall, and that will give you enough momentum to fall into this one box. I truly hate to spoil the surprise in Level 23... I know, right? How old is this game? Almost 40 years now! Wow... I'll just say that this level can be completed, even though it might not look like it. I WILL say, however... each platform has one of those alien thingies, and you get to them from the middle, so the best piece of advice I can give you is to first do the platforms that have their "power pills" on the far side of the pulverizers. And by that, I mean you have to get past the pulverizer to get to them... does that make sense? And of course, the pulverizers in this level are far less forgiving and predictable than the ones in level... 9 of the original? Level 9! I'll be dam... darned.

No comments:

Post a Comment