Saturday, June 18, 2011

Atari Emulator ---> Robbo

Just spent about 15 minutes getting sucked into a Polish video game.  Well, sometimes you gotta see how the other half lives.  Smacks a bit of Boulder Dash, except that you can shoot stuff. I don't know how to get past the magnets. A Polish Atari game called Robbo. No wonder there's all the Polish jokes: the language's too damn complicated! Fortunately, I was aided somewhat by a Polish-English translator. God bless you, the World Wide Web. And this was the real deal, not a fake one that gives you Polish jokes when you enter a phrase you want translated to English. So many of those on the web, so few e-cops to stop 'em. Bastards!

11/30/'20 - Better let this go the way it was.  It was a different era, but Robbo still exists.  I can't believe I got up to the magnets; more late night gaming, I'm afraid.  The one I'm currently playing is on Mushca Disk 136.  And as with Boulder Dash, there's all manner and kind of cheap knock-offs, or hackers who made their own levels... there's this thing, but evidently it's not a level editor.  Not quite the action of Boulder Dash, but it does step on the toes of Sokoban a little bit... or more than a little bit.  Some of Robbo's enemies move like the enemies of Boulder Dash!  You can't expect these things to be totally original.  I got up to level 15, I think!  Back to it.

12/5/'20 - Sneaky!  I had to rely on YouTube to figure out Level 22.  There's my Achilles' Heel for you, hackers.  Use it to divine my password.  👀


No comments:

Post a Comment