Sunday, October 2, 2011

Atari Emulator -> Citadel Warrior

Found it! And thank God too, because I barely got a wink of sleep last night... As it turns out, I didn't have the Games #59 file unzipped. Shame on me. But my vague recollections of the game, Citadel Warrior, were correct: no wussy-sounding name, purple maze, kinda boring, funny-looking avatar... Then, there's the actual game itself. The spirals you have to pick up... you have to be EGG-ZACTLY right over them, otherwise it's a no-go. Thank goodness the four at the end are lined up the way they are. Ultimately, the forces of evil are welcome to this crazy citadel. Case in point #1: the baddies that randomly appear and struggle with the diagonal portions of the citadel. The diagonals they can't handle, but the horizontals and verticals? Just fine. Too well, in fact. You have to be exactly over the spirals, or Cyclotrons, but the bad guys? One touch and you're gone. Oh, and the maze reserves the right to explode whenever it feels like. Probably before you reach the end of the 2nd round, and definitely before you get to the second intersection of the maze in the 3rd round. Too crazy for me. I need a full-on adrenaline rush with my video games, not a disappointment like this. More like English Software's Fire Chief, but playable.

No comments:

Post a Comment