Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Atari Emulator -> Mataga's "Zeppelin"

Hmm! That's not exactly how I remember the ending. Better make this short; I don't want to wake our guest. But before we dive into the game, let me just take this opportunity to spew some of my Right-wing tendencies. They say that the programmer of this game is a trans-gender. He's now a she. For the life of me, I don't get it. Why would someone want to do that? I mean, sure, who doesn't want to change everything about themselves? But, to actually go through with something like that? I wouldn't want to do it, and I still don't get it. And, on the other side of the coin... why would anyone want to beat up a trans-gender person? Apparently they get beat up a lot. Who on earth would want to beat up a trans-gender? Bragging rights? Boredom? Sorry, but I've been watching a lot of George Carlin lately. Seems to me you'd treat a tranny with extra kid gloves. I would, anyway. Of course, with all the atrazine in the environment, we're all a little gendy-bendy these days. Ooh! Lemme check urbandictionary.com... ah, skip it. Anyway, Zeppelin. You gotta hand it to that Mataga. She-he was a great game designer. Shamus, Shamus 2... well, Shamus 1 and Zeppelin, anyway. Sorry, I can't do text games anymore... hmm! Wonder if they got Zork? And is it worth trying to beat? Probably not. Oh, I'm sure I'll dive back into Zork soon enough.
Anyway, gotta do my usual... The enemy blimps. The flying rocks. The bladders. The switches. The bladder-switches. The keys, the T.N.T., the extra lives. The seemingly endless modular mazes, the big explosions, the descending levels, and the magic that is... ZEPPELIN. Silly me, I originally stopped at Level 5. It was an interesting experience flying blind, so to speak. ...probably not going to find level maps on the web. Oh well. Besides! You score more points when you roam around, totally lost. Man, did I get lost on Level 1, the last level. I had to go from one end of the maze to the complete other end of the maze... a long way, my friends. There's four levels of difficulty, as with Shamus, but unlike Shamus, they're actually half-ass playable in Zeppelin! I figure if I've got enough extra lives, maybe I could actually do Advanced or Expert... or maybe I need to get on with my life. I gotta bross and flush. anyway... floss and brush. 2 in the morning, man! Plus, I'm keeping our guest awake...

6-7-2020 - Busy day today!  But urine luck, because I've just re-discovered some ancient maps that might help you in your quest to beat this one the Mortals call Zeppelin.  The symbol that looks like... you know, one of those things they use in cartoons to blow up TNT with: a box with a big lever you push down upon.  That's the end of the maze.



No comments:

Post a Comment