Thursday, October 27, 2011

Atari Emulator -> The Tail of ß Lyrae

Sorry, but I always have to be fancy that way. It's a perverse streak in me. You know, Wikipedia's got a great entry about the star Beta Lyrae, aka Sheliak. Check it out for me, as I don't have time to learn such things. Philip Price's video game The Tail of Beta Lyrae doesn't seem to provide much in the way of backstory... then again, it's yet another game I didn't come across in the normal legal manner, with a big fancy box and booklet and all that extra jazz. As always, it's an insane trip, and more than occasionally unfair, as it relies on a formula to draw the playing field, and sometimes the playing field takes an extra sharp dip, and they put some obstacle that's hard to get at right there in the crotch of the sharp dip. Once you get past the first four tough sectors, it's relatively smooth, high-scoring sailing from then on, at least until the next level of difficulty starts. As for me, I'm off to the next task: a perfect game of Jet Boot Jack. God bless Atari emulator!

No comments:

Post a Comment