Friday, October 28, 2011

Atari Emulator -> Jet Boot Jack

Another wasted day. But at least I took care of most of my Jet Boot Jack-related tasks. The great thing about this emulator is you can eventually play a perfect game of anything, never losing any lives in the process. And so, I'm up to... level 52 with all nine lives, and a score of about.. well, it's a lot, that's the main thing. Unfortunately, when you get to level 6, your fuel bonus stays at 500! Bummer. Personally, I can't think of a better gift to bequeath the next generation than a great starting point in Jet Boot Jack... of course, they'll probably want to get themselves up to speed. Phooey. The system's rigged against people like us. All the important squirrels already get all the good nuts... right, David Letterman?

11/10/'14 - ANOTHER wasted day!   But I finally decided to power through and flip the score.  Once is enough for me... boy!  Some hardcore gamer I turned out to be!  For those who might be interested, it happens by the time you get to Level 11, round 10.  Of course, I probably could have done it sooner if I maximized my usage of the pink power pills, but alas, I didn't.  Some hardcore gamer I am!  In fact, I seem to be quite inflexible when it comes to playing this game.  Sometimes I can't help but run into the same bad guys over and over again in the same spots at the same time.  I think it's because, well, that's just how enjoyable this game is, frankly.  If it were a much more annoying game, then sure, can't get it over with fast enough.  Not the case with Jack Booted Thugs, on the other hand... I mean, Jet Boot Jack.  Love that game.  But I will point out that the sound it makes when you get one of the notes is different from when I played this on an actual Atari computer.  Wazzup w/that?

No comments:

Post a Comment