Saturday, October 29, 2011

Atari Emulator -> Diamond Mine

Another Roklan classic. I used the artifacting here on account of it's in Graphics 8. You remember Graphics 8, don't you? An artifact, indeed, of a less technologically savvy era. A Cold War era, if you will. Depending on where you place the pixel, it'll be red or green; two together, and you get blue and brown. Complicated stuff. Or, you could switch Graphics 8 over to Graphics 15 and get a thin Graphics 7. I once made a version of Tetris in Graphics 15. Why doesn't anyone try that today? And if they do, why don't they shout a little about it, for Goodness zake?
What was I talking about? Oh, right. Diamond Mine. I usually end up losing more than 3 diamonds and ruining my Diamond Mine innocence, but I still kinda dig the game play. The aliens. The dirt. The airlocks, and the satisfaction of a job well done, liberating those pure diamonds from the evil liberal aliens... I mean, aliens. Just aliens. There's no need for politics in Roklan's Diamond Mine.
Or maybe they're monsters... are they monsters?

No comments:

Post a Comment